From the Desk of President & CEO – Bill Flederbach
To Our Clients & The Market –
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the ClimeCo team continues to strive to make a difference today for a better world tomorrow. To that end, I wanted to share with you, our clients and partners, the steps that we have taken to date and the commitments that we are making going forward to ensure that we are here and available to support you and your businesses through these difficult days:
- We have been planning for the prospect of a significant business interruption due to COVID-19 for well over a month. In early February, we started to encourage our employees to begin thinking about what they might need to sustain themselves and their families in the event of forced isolation. This plan positioned us well for success in a work-at-home environment.
- We instituted a work-from-home request for all employees over two weeks ago, which was prior to the local and state ordinances that have been implemented since. Because a significant portion of our North American team routinely works remotely, ClimeCo already had the management and communication systems in place to make this an easy transition.
- ClimeCo continues to uphold our values by placing people over profit. We are fortunate to enter this crisis with a strong balance sheet and we remain committed to the welfare of our employees. To that end, I am making a pledge to retain every member of our staff for a minimum of 90 days. Throughout its history, ClimeCo has never laid off an employee and we do not intend to do so now! This means that the team members that you have been working with will be here for you to continue working with.
- As of this writing, every member of the ClimeCo team is healthy, available and dedicated to assist you by:
- Providing our regulated clients with market intelligence while identifying unique market opportunities, and
- Working with our project partners and the credit registries to ensure a smooth supply chain of carbon offsets for both our voluntary and compliance buyers.
- Continuing our philanthropic efforts by seeking ways that we can help those businesses and individuals who are less fortunate during this time of need; please reach out to us if we can help!
- From all of us here at ClimeCo, we hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our team, our clients and our partners. Together, we expect to emerge as a stronger, more resilient and more sustainable industry. In the meantime, please let us know how we can best assist you.
William “Bill” Flederbach
Always working together, even when apart. #StayHome #TeamClimeCo #WorkFromHome
ClimeCo Corporation is a respected project developer, advisor and trader of environmental commodity market products. Specialized expertise in regional criteria pollutant trading programs, California cap‐and‐trade, voluntary markets and project development and financing of internal CO2 abatement systems complement ClimeCo’s diverse commodity portfolio. Within the Climate Action Reserve, ClimeCo is the largest developer of U.S. GHG‐offset projects and producer of U.S. voluntary carbon offsets, managing projects that reduce more than four million tonnes of CO2e per year. For information, contact 484‐415‐0501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.